Beauty sleep can make a huge difference in your skin’s appearance.
• Get at least seven or eight hours of sleep every night.
• Sleep on your back to avoid scrunching up the skin on your face and chest.
• Satin or silk pillow cover help reduce friction between your skin and the fabric.
Taking care of your skin will definitely help reduce the signs of aging!
• Apply sunscreen everyday with an SPF 30. This is mandatory if you are outdoors during the day because more than 80% of photo-ageing is caused by sun exposure.
• Gently wash your face and body.
• Dry your skin with a soft towel.
• Do not rub your skin, just pat it.
• Use face cleansers to wash your face.
• Use disposable low-linting hypo-allergenic wipes.
• Use lukewarm water that cannot dry out the skin.
• Keep your showers as short as possible. Frequent washing and drying your skin can cause skin dehydration.
• Exfoliate once or twice a week.
• Moisturise your skin several times a day.
A healthy diet is essential in the fight against all forms of aging, not just the signs of aging skin.
• Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
• Drink a lot of water.
• Eat foods rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, such as salmon, avocado, almonds etc.
• Consume quality extra virgin olive oil once per week, with meal.
• Avoid alcohol consumption. If you suffer rosacea you may also try to avoid white wines.
• Do not smoke.
Getting fitter, even by a little bit, can improve your health and the appearance of your skin and body.
• Aerobic exercises may help reverse some cell degeneration from normal ageing and improve the look and feel of your skin.
• Walking is another form of aerobic exercise.
• Strength-training or moves like tai-chi are best for preserving muscles from age-related decline.
• Cycling may also protect your immune system from age-related decline.
Maintenance & Prevention
Premature aging can be slowed and even reversed with a dedicated maintenance and prevention routine. Some of us may not be graced with the longevity DNA but a quality routine founded on scientific evidence can be your next best secret. See our Blog “Premature Aging Versus Regenerative Aging".
Want to enquire?
To provide you with a bespoke experience and outcomes, your journey at BeautyMedix will begin with a consultation with either our experienced clinicians or our Cosmetic Doctor.
The consultation will help identify and prioritise your concerns.
A treatment or product regime will be established based upon your goals, budget and schedule constraints.
T: 03 9596 7320
Tues to Sat: 10am - 5pm
Thurs: 10am - 7pm
370A Bay Street
PAY LATER, AVAILABLE IN STORES.